Sunday, February 14, 2010

I wonder about music.

Why do we like music? There's a psychological and physiological connection to sound, I'm guessing. Tap our legs. Nod our heads. Dance.

Is it the harmony? Are we just naturally inclined to be gravitated towards a song? Were we made to sing? Is it something in the beat that makes our mind excited? What is it? What's the science?

In every society, there's music. That's why I think it might be a natural phenomena, rather than a socially constructed structure in our lives. And what would life be like without music? Would life feel more empty? Would the world be more silent? Music. Song. Beat. Instruments. I'm trying to figure it out.

We may all be different. We may all come from various places with a whole lot of baggage. But, everyone loves music. Not everyone cares for television, not everyone cares for movies. Ask someone about music, and they'll tell you a favorite song, or at least, what they're listening to at the moment. I wish they had a sociology class for music.

Whatever the case may be, I'm thankful for it. For me, the best music is played loudly in the car at night. I can feel the wall of sounds surround me, at all corners, with the beat constantly attacking my brain. It's insane, feels so good. It's like the song is taking over me, inside and outside. In all honesty, that's one of the reasons why I want a car...so I can drive around with my music hella loud. Chillin. Relaxin. Thinking things out. Sometimes, it's all I ever need.


Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment